As the saying goes, we should ‘eat the rainbow’, and fruit definitely qualifies with plenty of colourful options, each giving their own nutritional benefits. So which ones should we be eating for maximum nutrition?
As always a balanced approach is the best and having a good mixture of various fruits will help you all round. However, some fruits are especially good for us, or for helping us in different areas.
1. Peaches and nectarines: Packed with potassium
2. Pineapple: Powerful anti-inflammatory
3. Grapes: Heart healthy
4. Kiwi: Loaded with vitamins
5. Mangoes: Immunity boosters
6. Apples: Brain and heart healthy
7. Pomegranates: More antioxidants than red wine or green tea
8. Grapefruit: Vitamin C powerhouse
9. Bananas: Healthy on-the-go snack
10. Blueberries: Anti-aging powerhouses
Head over to Readers Digest to find out exactly what makes each of these fruits so great.