Exercise is not just good for the body it’s good for the mind as well!
When you exercise the body releases chemicals called endorphins; endorphins trigger positive feelings within the body and leave us feeling more energised. Why not try adding one of these easy 11 ways to exercise into your working day and get those endorphins working for you.
1. Cycle or walk part – if not all – of your journey to work. Read more about cycling for beginners.
2. Get off a bus or tube stop before your destination.
3. If you need to drive, try to park further away from your office and walk the rest of the way.
4. Discuss project ideas with a colleague while taking a walk.
5. Stand while talking on the telephone.
6. Walk over to someone’s desk at work rather than calling them on the phone or sending an email.
7. Take the stairs instead of the lift, or get out of the lift a few floors early and use the stairs.
8. Walk up escalators or travelators rather than standing still.
9. Go for a walk during your lunch break – use a pedometer to keep track of how many steps you take.
10. Try to find different walks and alternate between them during the week. You could also try using the free Active 10 app to help you increase your walking activity.
11. Exercise before or after work, or during your lunch break. Your office may have a gym, or you may have access to a nearby swimming pool or squash courts.
For more information head over to NHS Live Well.